Participates with others in the serving of food and beverages, and the cleaning and sanitation of facilities, equipment, dishes and utensils designed to meet the food service needs of the organization.
- Under supervision, assure that all areas of dietary responsibilities are met in a timely and sanitary manner.
- Washes dishes, pots, etc., adhering to established procedures.
- Assure that all necessary dietary equipment, utensils and food contact surfaces are clean, sanitized, and ready for use.
- Assists in assembling and delivering meal trays according to requirements.
- Restocks serving areas with clean dishes, utensils, etc.
- Follows food safety and sanitation guidelines consistently.
- Sweeps, mops, and maintains floors as assigned. Removes trash to designated area.
- Washes walls, storage shelves, racks, and carts as assigned and according to established procedures.
- Follows instructions and safety rules when working with cleaning products.
- Duties require lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Maintains safe techniques at all times.
- Maintains attendance and observes working hours, starting time, lunch period, breaks, quitting time, etc.
- Complies with work rules, regulations, and instructions, follows established systems and procedures, completes assignments with minimal supervision.
Education: High school diploma preferred.
Experience: One (1) year of relevant experience in an institutional setting preferred.
Responsibility: Must be able to follow policies and procedures relating to food service, especially in the area of sanitation. Adverse decisions may impact quality and timeliness of meals. Requires the ability to properly follow written instructions.
Problem-Solving: Routine, repetitive work under close supervision. Problems require solutions based on choice of proper procedure to follow.
Personal Interaction: Normal internal communications with Nutrition Services staff and residents. Little or no external communications is required.
Work Environment: Pleasant work environment, however, subject to wet and noisy conditions.
Equipment Utilization: Requires operating knowledge of food service equipment such as: toaster, coffee maker, dishwasher, etc.
Hazards or Fatigue: Ordinary care and caution must be exercised while performing work activities. Duties require lifting up to 50 pounds.
Planning and Organizing: Works on a daily and weekly schedule under supervision.
Directing and Instructing: Not required.
Budgeting: Not required.
Scope of Supervision: Not required.