Our Life of Prayer
As Sisters of the Holy Cross, we center our personal and communal prayer in the liturgical and sacramental life of the church. The celebration of the Eucharist is the heart of our worship. We celebrate this mystery of our redemption with our sisters and with others, uniting ourselves daily with Christ in this sacrifice of praise and thanksgiving.
- We continue our praise of the Lord and our intercession for the salvation of the world through the daily morning and evening prayer of the church.
- Frequent reception of the sacrament of reconciliation expresses our need for God’s merciful forgiveness and our need to be reconciled with each other in Christ.
Sister Sheshanti leads a prayer
group of local women and children in Bangladesh.
- Fidelity to daily personal and communal prayer deepens our union with God, is a source of mutual support and strengthens us in our apostolic life. Frequent meditation and reflective reading of Scripture dispose us to grow in the knowledge and love of Jesus.
- We plan for periodic days of retreat throughout the year and for an extended time annually in which to reflect upon our personal and communal response to Christ.
- Devotions special to the congregation recall our heritage and traditions and contribute to our unity in faith.
Constitution 12 of the Sisters of the Holy Cross