Mission of the Congregation Justice Committee
The Congregation Justice Committee:
- raises consciousness about justice issues among congregation members and within the broader society;
- probes the interconnections among issues through theological reflection and social analysis;
- provides opportunities for justice education for the members of the congregation (e.g., publishes articles in congregational publications, offers presentations at gatherings, sponsors workshops on justice issues, maintains a library of justice-related resources);
- advocates action strategies which promote the transformation of unjust structures;
- networks nationally and internationally with individuals and groups working for social justice; and
- participates fully in the initiatives proposed by the Holy Cross International Justice Office.